I looked out at the dreary day. Why oh why did it need to rain today, of all days? I had looked forward to going on the Club Bike Ride, but no it had to rain. I looked down at my fabric and tried to consentrate on my stitches. As I got the fifth stitch in I heard Lars come in whistling Amazing Grace. How could he be whistling, couldn't  he see, well I guess he wasn't planning anything special so it was understandable. 
                           Lars entered my room and sat down beside me. "What's up little sister?" he asked cheerfully. "There's not much going on at all today," I replied gruffly. 
"Whew, sounds like you got out of the wrong side a bed, anything I can help with?" 
"No, not unless you can make the rain go away and not come back until the bike ride is over!" I exclaimed.
"Oh, he said quietly, That's what the problem is, huh?" "Well all I can say is maybe you should forget about the bike ride and do some smiling!" With that he smiled and left the room singing amazing grace. That Amazing Grace! How can he sit there and grin, laugh, and crack a joke when it is raining outside? I turned back to my sewing and tried to forget the ride like he said but it didn't work. So I gave up throwing my sampler on the bed I grabbed my shoes and coat and hurried out the door.

                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                   As I headed for the creek I heard Father whistling a merry tune and shouting a hello to the neighbor across the road. As I looked toward the house I saw Mother come out with a stawberry pail, with a smile in my direction she headed for the patch. I didn't return the smile. Again how can everybody be so happy?     
                When I got to the creek I saw  two deer standing there grazing. I took a step forward and they disappeared. As I sat down on a fallen log I noticed a cool breeze blowing daffodils and tulips in my direction. Like they were saying "Hello there are you going to sing?"  My answer was no, who in the right mind would want to sing on a day like this? As I sat there I noticed myself relaxing but the angry thoughts were still there. And then I heard a voice in my head say, " Whats wrong with the day, didn't God plan it, and isn't everything He does good?" And that is when it hit me there was nothing wrong with this day other than not having a bike ride and on God's list that wasn't needed. Right then and there I got down on my knees and asked forgiveness for my selfishness. When I got up and walked toward the house I heard Father and Lars singing Amazing Grace and then I heard Mother join them. And then I heard my voice singing, 'I once was lost but now I am found, was blind but now I see!"

Image result for images of rain
                           

                                   

Comments

  1. Great post! Isn't is so awesome that smiles, cheerfulness, and singing can be so contagious?!?
    I just found your blog! I like being in nature, and I LOVE horses! I have a horse and her name is Rosie. Do you have any horses?
    I recently started a blog this year. My blog is Showers of Blessings. Hope you can stop by sometime!
    -Brooklyne
    bensshowersofblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there,
      No, I only have a cat not a horse though I want one!
      I am glad you liked my blog and sorry for not responding very quick I just saw your comment. Yes, singing and cheerfulness are very contagious! Do you like my story? I want a honest opinion. I know it wasn't the greatess and the viedo was terrible. Anyways thanks for commenting!

      -Elisheva Kauffman

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thnx!!!!!!

6th chapter!

The life of a Christian